Coventry University Law
This course runs in 2017/18.
A successful lawyer has the ability to analyse a case, identify key facts, research the relevant law and communicate clearly the way forward. This course will give you the knowledge and expertise to do just that.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
Our LLB Law will develop your practical legal skills as well as providing you with an in-depth academic education, putting you in an excellent position both for future careers within, and outside, the legal profession.
If you choose this course you may beneﬁt from:
- a course designed to meet the requirements of the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Bar Standards Board;
- the opportunity to volunteer in our Legal Advice Clinic, Business, Law & Enterprise Clinic or Employment Law Clinic and handle cases for real clients. Here you will be supervised by staff with many years experience in practice;
- experienced teaching staff who bring professional or research expertise into their teaching;
- support in applying for a work placement which is a valuable experience;
- the option to spend a year studying overseas which provides you with the international experience that many businesses are looking for when employing a graduate;
- regular guest lectures from employers who specialise in different areas of the law, giving you the opportunity to network with professionals;
- a dedicated moot room, or mock court, where you will have the opportunity to develop your advocacy skills by presenting legal issues or problems against an opposing counsel and before a judge;
- the opportunity to present a paper at our Law Student Conference with the possibility of publication in the Coventry Law Journal.