Coventry University Football
Coventry University Football
Coventry University Men’s Football Club offers a variety of platforms of football for students, from our elite BUCS teams to our development teams and social football.
Currently, we have 4 BUCS teams which compete against other university teams on Wednesday afternoons, both in league and cup competitions. In addition, we also have 2 development teams who competitively participate on a weekly basis in the Birmingham FA inter-university league.
Moreover, last season (2015-16) was our most successful season to date for us as a club. We accumulated our highest ever BUCS points tally (54) and also our highest ever overall BUCS finish (21st). We take enormous pride in our achievements from last season and on top of this we participated in the annual Varsity event vs. Warwick University, where we again were triumphant.
Following on, our achievements were attained by triumphing in two cup competitions, the Midlands Conference Cup and Midlands Conference Plate. Our 1s and 3s narrowly missed out on promotion, while our 2s and 4s maintained their league status. Additionally, our development teams dominated their league and cup competitions where they achieved a top 2 finish between them.
Here at Coventry Men’s Football Club we strive to be competitive, successful and aim to help develop all of our members both on and off the pitch: the Student Athlete. We aim to make sure all members of our club feel welcome to join in all aspects of our programme, from training to social events to fundraisers.
We are always looking for any help possible, so if you would like to get involved and volunteer, whether that be in a coaching, officiating, or other formats, please contact us via our social media accounts above! #Twist&Shout #CUFC
Aims and Objectives
- Set a 1 year plan development plan for individual teams in line with the club development planIncrease the number of volunteers within the club and continue to develop links with the community including clubs and schools within Coventry
- Continue to meet and progress our Charter Standard Development Club Status and develop the relationship with BCFA
- Develop the fundraising activities and events and include non-drinking socials
- Improve and build our recreational Be-Active football programme to give more students the opportunity to enjoy Football. From here, feed the more talented players into our BUCS teams.
- Encourage members to complete coaching and referee qualifications, using these acquired skills to help and develop the members of the club
- Continue to build our club image and social media platform. From here we can also develop more interest and interaction for the club, as well as building our relationships with alumni.
President -Charles Hynam
Vice-President -Aidan Gubbins
Vice-President -Dan Burgin
Secretary -Jack Dicker
Treasurer- Alex Palmer
Social Secretary -George Swain
Social Secretary -Dan Saunderson
Social Secretary -Dom James
Fundraising Secretary- Stuart Griffiths
Volunteering Secretary- Jack Dicker
All Memberships are valid until 31st July 2017