City University London Wifi
How to access Wi-Fi at City, University of London
City Wireless Network
City, University of London provides a secure and pervasive wireless network available in all buildings throughout the campus. City Wi-Fi (eduroam) is easy to configure and connect to and allows a range of mobile devices to have access.
What is eduroam?
eduroam (education roaming) is a service provided via JANET which enables students, researchers and staff to securely access the internet whilst visiting other participating institutions, using the username and login provided by their home organisation. (for more information click on the eduroam logo)
Does City, University of London support eduroam?
City complies with the ‘Home’ and ‘Visited’ requirements.
- A home institution is one which permits other organisations to authenticate its users whilst they are at the remote site, once configured for eduroam at City your device will be ready when you visit a participating organisation.
- A visited institution is one which permits members from other organisations to use its facilities whilst they are on site.
What do I need to connect?
- Device that supports WPA2/AES (802.1X) Enterprise encryption
- PEAP/MSCHAP2 authentication
- Your operating system is fully patched and updated.
- You are running an updated Anti-virus package.
How do I connect to eduroam?
You should configure your laptop/mobile device as shown in the guides listed below:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Apple OS X 10.7 and later
- Apple OS X 10.5 and 10.6
- Linux – Fedora
- Linux – Ubuntu
Where can I connect to Eduroam?
The JANET Roaming Service keep an up to date list of sites providing Eduroam access .
Note: An institution must provide a “visited” service for you to connect with your city user account.
JRS Acceptable Use Policy
All users of eduroam must abide by the following policies and guidelines:
How can I get help?
For further support or questions regarding wireless, please review the Frequently Asked Questions and if you are unable to resolve the problem, please contact the IT Service Desk;
Please log your query at; www.city.ac.uk/itservicedesk
Depending on what site you are located, you can visit an engineer and receive face-to-face support:
Northampton Square – Service Centre (E101-Drysdale building) or telephone 020 7040 8181
Cass Business School – visit Learning Resource Centre (Level 1 – Cass) or telephone 020 7040 8181