Applying for a visa
The International Student Support staff in the Student Centre are on hand to give you advice if you need to apply for a visa to attend graduation or if your family members need to apply for visas to visit London as your guests at the ceremony.
Please visit the International Student Support pages for full details.
You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa online. It is helpful if you can provide evidence of the date of your ceremony (invitations to attend the Graduation Ceremony are emailed to graduating students approximately 6 weeks before the date of each ceremony). If you have any questions about this, please contact City’s Graduation Team. If you are a non-visa national (someone who does not need a visa to come to the UK for a visit of less than 6 months) you do not have to apply for a visa in advance, but can request entry as a Visitor at the airport. You still need to ensure you have all the documents below with you in your hand luggage. You can find out whether you are a visa national here.
Documents required when applying:
- The application fee is £89 (from 6 April 2017) in local currency
- 2 passport sized color photographs
- Evidence that you have sufficient funds for your proposed visit (eg: at least 3 months’ bank statements).
- Evidence that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit (eg: a return flight)
- Evidence of suitable accommodation (eg: hotel reservations)
- Your graduation ceremony invitation email
- Official English translation if any documents are not in English
How to apply