City University London Tier 4 Visa

City University London logo

City University London Tier 4 Visa

Tier 4 Visa Compliance

Universities in the UK wishing to admit international students are required to hold a Tier 4 Licence and are subject to requirements on recruitment, record keeping, attendance monitoring and completion rates of international students.

City must comply with UKVI guidance and has developed  relevant policies and procedures to assure this.

Information for staff

Information for international students

International students should check the Tier 4 Student Visa pages for information on applying for a visa, and details of current student responsibilities.

Full-time Tier 4 student visa

Non-European Economic Area / Switzerland applicants who will study a full time course for 6 months or more at City, University of London, will need to apply for a Tier 4 General Student visa.

Documents and how to apply

Applying for a Tier 4 Student visa should be fairly straightforward as long as you prepare carefully. It is important that you provide original academic documents and formal, original financial evidence to show that you have held the necessary funds for the required period. If your Tier 4 visa is sponsored by another university, college or school, you must apply  for a new visa sponsored by City, University of London before you can start your course here. It may not be possible to do this from within the UK (see below).

If you are applying in the UK you must ensure that you are eligible to do so before you submit an application – the rules are very strict with regards to who is allowed to extend in the UK. If you already hold a visa for City, University of London and are starting a new course you must apply to extend this visa within 6 weeks of enrolling on the new programme, even if your current visa lasts longer than this, in order to comply with the immigration rules.

The International Student Advice team at City will do whatever we can to help you through the visa application process but we cannot usually intervene once supporting documents have been submitted to the Home Office.