City University London Qualifications
Applying to City
We offer high quality, challenging courses to applicants who demonstrate the preparation and potential to succeed.
Our admissions and selection processes aim to assess you fairly and consistently. We judge applications on individual merit, taking into account your academic achievements, relevant experience and your motivation to undertake the course.
Please note, all undergraduate applications need to be made through UCAS – The Universities and Colleges Admissions Service. Visit the UCAS website.
To enter a degree course at City, you must:
- Satisfy City’s general minimum requirement
- Satisfy the individual course requirement
- Be accepted by the course admissions tutor.
In order to meet City’s general requirement you should have or expect to obtain before admission:
- Passes in two subjects at GCE ‘A’ level or
- One 12 unit Double Award.
Other qualifications which meet the general requirement are:
- Cambridge Pre-University
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma
- The Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma
- Scottish Qualification Advanced Highers (SQA) and Advanced Highers
- The Irish Leaving Certificate Higher Level
- The European Baccalaureate
- Business Technology and Education Council (BTEC) Nationals (Qualifications and Credit Framework – QCF)
- An Access to Higher Education Qualification.
You must possess a minimum level of competence in the English language and mathematics. Passes at grade C or above in General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) English Language and Mathematics or an equivalent qualification, fulfil this requirement. Some courses will ask for more than the minimum, so please check the course-specific requirements for further details.
In addition to general requirements, admission to most courses also requires passes in a specific subject or subjects relevant to the course.