City University London Journalism Reputation
City’s Department of Journalism is regarded as a leader in its field, with an unrivalled record of getting graduates into the best jobs in journalism in both traditional and emerging journalist roles.
Ranked 1st in London and 7th in the UK for Journalism in the Guardian University Guide 2017, City boasts an internationally renowned and research-driven environment for the study and practice of journalism; offering the opportunity to study in one of the world’s media capitals.
Newsrooms and studios
Facilities in the Department of Journalism have been completely updated and enhanced as part of a £12m development project in 2014.
Read about the new accommodation and facilities which were developed in consultation with experts from the BBC and ITN, and include:
- a television studio: enabling simultaneous multi-media broadcast and a major expansion in the number of news and current affairs programmes produced
- 4 radio studios: enabling an increase in output and the potential to explore a permanent radio station
- 2 radio broadcast newsrooms: high-tech facilities that enable you to learn how to produce a radio programme
- 2 digital newsrooms: impressive modern facilities that enable you to learn the skills required to produce newspapers, magazines and websites
- 2 TV editing and production newsrooms: state-of-the-art facilities that enable you to learn about TV production