City University London Housing

City University London logo

City University London Housing

All applications for a place in Halls of Residence associated with City, University of London are made online.

As a first year undergraduate, you will get the chance to apply for accommodation once you have received an offer for a full time course at City, University of London and have firmly accepted this offer. You will be sent an email with a link to the application form. Applications open on the 5th January 2017.

Please read this page carefully to help you with your application. If you have any questions, please contact the Accommodation Team at

If you are a second or third year undergraduate, you are classed as a continuing undergraduate student. Please refer to the Continuing Undergraduates page for more details about the accommodation you will be eligible for.

If you are studying a foundation course with Kaplan or INTO City, unfortunately you would not be eligible yet for City’s Halls of Residence. However if you progress to a full time undergraduate degree at City, you can then apply for accommodation.

If you are studying a foundation course with another partner institution and wish to apply for accommodation, please contact the Accommodation Team at so that we can advise you further. Please be aware that if you take up accommodation during your foundation year, you would not be eligible for accommodation during the first year of your undergraduate programme at City.

Who is eligible?

Halls of residence accommodation is for full-time City students, aged 18 years or over. Liberty Court, Liberty Hall and East Central House are available to first year undergraduates only.

Students under 18 years of age can be housed in Liberty Court, Liberty Hall, or East Central House. However certain criteria apply and Hall Management will review each student on a case-by-case basis. Please be aware that availability for students under 18 is limited in each of these Halls.

Continuing undergraduates (i.e. second and third year undergraduate students) can apply for a room at Alliance House. If you are a continuing undergraduate, please see our Continuing Undergraduates page for more information about your options and for links to useful resources.