City University London Finance Office
Our Financial Statements comprise the consolidated results of City and its subsidiary undertakings.
To download the Financial Statements, click on the link below with the right-mouse button and choose “Save link as” or “Save target as”.
- Financial Statements 2015-2016
- Financial Statements 2014-2015
- Financial Statements 2013-2014
- Financial Statements 2012-2013 – read the statement on the Vice-Chancellor’s remuneration for 2012-2013
- Financial Statements 2011-2012
- Financial Statements 2010-2011
- Financial Statements 2009-2010
- Financial Statements 2008-2009
- Financial Statements 2007-2008
- Financial Statements 2006-2007
- Financial Statements 2005-2006
- Financial Statements 2004-2005
- Financial Statements 2003-2004
You must have the free Adobe Reader software installed on your computer to read this document.
The maintenance and integrity of City, University of London’s website is the responsibility of City; the work carried out by the auditors does not involve consideration of these matters and, accordingly, the auditors accept no responsibility for any changes that may have occurred to the financial statements since they were initially presented on the website.
City University London’s financial year runs from 1st August to 31st July. In this summary, ‘2012’ refers to the financial year from 1st August 2011 to 31st July 2012, while ‘2013’ refers to the financial year from 1st August 2012 to 31st July 2013.
The University is reporting an operating deficit of £16.2 million, compared to a £1.0 million deficit in the previous year. The surplus including the surplus on the sale of Finsbury, Heyworth and Pear-Tree Court halls of residence was £6.5 million, compared to the deficit of £1.0 million reported in the previous year. The majority of the operating deficit this year related to one-off investments associated with the Strategic Plan 2012- 2016, in particular the investment in new academic posts, the estate, IT and library infrastructure and restructuring costs associated with the Professional Services Review.