City University London Business Requirements
The required PTE score is 70+.
If you are not a native English speaker but have been studying in the UK for the last three years it is unlikely you will need to take the test. Please submit a copy of your most recent English language test/qualification along with your application and a decision will be made by the Admissions Panel.
If you have done a 2+2 degree with two years in the UK you will be required to provide IELTS scores and possibly to re-sit the test to meet our academic entry requirements.
The UKVI requires proof of English proficiency from all incoming students on a Tier 4 Visa EXCEPT those who are nationals of a majority English-speaking country OR those who have successfully completed an academic qualification, at least equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, which was taught in a majority English-speaking country*:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Bahamas
- New Zealand
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
This is in addition to all academic requirements on any offer made by Cass.
More information on the visa application process is available from The UK Visas and Immigration
Two references are required.
- One reference from a tutor who taught you at university level
- One reference from a current or recent employer or supervisor
- If you have no work experience or cannot get a reference from a professional, we can accept two academic references
- Professional qualification holders who do not have a first degree should arrange two employer references, preferably from different employers.
Please note that references from fellow students, family and friends are not acceptable.
A request for reference and the reference form will be sent automatically to the referees email addresses supplied by you on the application form. Please check with your referees that they are willing to provide you with the reference before stating their details on the application form. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure that the Admissions Office receives references on time. The Admissions Office is not responsible for chasing or contacting referees on behalf of the applicant.
- References may be emailed by the referees from their academic or professional email address. If we are unable to verify the email address we will ask for an original reference to be sent to us by post
- References sent by post should be sealed, signed across the seal and the signature covered with clear tape to ensure confidentiality. This should be returned directly to Cass (post to: Cass Business School, 106 Bunhill Row, London EC1Y 8TZ, UK) or hand it back to yourself to forward to us. Please do not open the envelopes or try to send us scanned references – we will not be able to accept them.
Please note we cannot accept faxed references, or references emailed by applicants or agents.