CEM Durham University 11 Plus
CEM – The Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring at Durham University
Accurately measuring a child’s potential and progress is an invaluable tool in understanding and responding to their individual educational needs.
Used by education professionals for over 30 years in over 70 countries, CEM is one of the largest and longest established research groups providing learning assessment for children of all ages. CEM’s methods are research-based, evidence driven and market-tested, built on a foundation of non-commercial academic practice with the School of Education at Durham University.
Services that support the improvement of educational outcomes
- Baseline assessments that support educational tracking – giving you measures of an individual’s potential and progress through school.
- Curriculum-based assessments that help measure knowledge of core curriculum subjects (Maths, Science and Reading).
- Attitudinal questionnaires that help to give a deeper understanding of the learning environment as seen by children and young people.
- Diagnostic assessments that help inform teachers where interventions may be helpful to improve pupil outcomes.
- Entrance assessments that help identify the young people that meet the selection criteria for your school intake.
CEM is an independent research group devoted to the improvement of teaching and learning for children and young people across the world.
By introducing scientific and evidence-based monitoring systems, CEM provides high quality research information to measure progress and potential.
Working closely with educational stakeholders, CEM delivers assessments, monitoring systems, training and support to create positive outcomes for all pupils.
Telephone: +44 (0) 191 334 4185
Address: CEM, Rowan House, Mountjoy Centre, Stockton Road, Durham, United Kingdom DH1 3UZ
If you have any queries or comments on the work of CEM, please use the following contacts:
(Before dialling, please have to hand your DfE or SEED Number or your CEM username)
T. +44 (0) 191 334 4185
F. +44 (0) 191 303 8590
+44 (0) 191 334 4223
+44 (0) 191 334 4255
CEM Post 16
+44 (0) 191 334 4255
+44 (0) 191 334 4185
CEM Entrance Assessments
+44 (0) 191 334 4262
+44 (0) 191 334 4232