Cardiff University Room Booking
If you are an external organisation looking to book Students’ Union rooms, please contact our events team.
For Societies and Clubs, bookings can be made via our room booking system. Each Society and Club has individual log in details. To find out yours, please contact the Societies Coordinator or Athletic Union.
Bookable meeting rooms are listed below:
|Sir Donald Walters Boardroom||16 seats boardroom style||Y|
|Meeting Room 4A||15 seats classroom style||Y||Combined with 4B from 18:00|
|Meeting Room 4B||15 seats classroom style||Y||Combined with 4A from 18:00|
|Meeting Room 4C||15 seats classroom style||Y|
|Meeting Room 4D||15 seats classroom style||Y|
|Meeting Room 4E||6 seats boardroom style||N|
|Meeting Room 4G||15 seats classroom style||Y|
|Meeting Room 4H||15 seats classroom style||Y|
|Meeting Room 4I||15 seats classroom style||Y|
|Meeting Room 4J||100 seats theatre style|
30 seats boardroom style
|Y||Optional full length mirrors|
There are some things you need to know when booking rooms:
- Bookings can be made up to 5 weeks in advance.
- Bookings must be made 3 days in advance, so get planning!
- There is no IT support in the evening or at weekends.
- Let reception or security know every time you arrive for a booking.
- Catering can be booked under ‘More Options’ when making a booking, these have minimum numbers and must have at least 2 weeks’ notice.
As well as a few things we ask of you when using the space:
- All rooms must be left how you found them.
- Always return the key after your booking (even if someone is in the room after you, they need to sign it out themselves, so you don’t get the blame!)
- No alcohol or hot food are allowed in meeting rooms.
- Make sure you log into the online system to cancel a booking if you no longer need it (please don’t leave rooms booked and empty!)
- Bookings with a guest speaker must have a guest speaker form submitted a minimum of 21 days in advance, contact the Societies Coordinator for more information.
- Include as much information about your session in the ‘General Notes’ section, we don’t want any surprises!
- Many bookings are end to end, make sure you are ready to leave at the end of your booked time.
- All meeting rooms close at 22:00 with no exceptions.
- Rooms can only be used if they have been booked on the online system.
- Listen and adhere to all advice and instruction given by security or SU staff.
- Any amendments to a booking on the day can only be made during office hours, get in touch for amendments.
Please note: Every now and then we may have to cancel a booking but we’ll try our best to find an alternative if this happens!