Cardiff University IT
Cardiff University IT, Our IT services help you to make the most of your time with us.
Our students can access a range of IT support, tools and resources to help in their study.
- the University-wide wireless network, which is available free of charge, and covers both Cathays and Heath Park campuses as well as University-owned residences
- computer rooms (including some which are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week) on both campuses
- web-based access to all of the online services you need for your study, including email, calendar, filestore, virtual learning environment, online books and journals, via the University intranet
- free and friendly support and advice from the IT clinic in the Students’ Union
- laptop rentals available from the Students’ Union Inc shop
- training courses and workshops to help you get the most from our IT services
- a free subscription to Microsoft Office products while studying here (Microsoft Office ProPlus).
Our information security regulations cover the use of all our IT facilities, by staff, workers, honorary title holders, visiting academics, students and any other persons authorised to use them.
The policies set out the high level framework to protect us from risks arising from the use of any IT equipment that’s connected to our network.
Contact the IT Service Desk for help and advice on using our IT services:
IT Service Desk
- +44 (0)29 2251 1111