Cardiff University Intranet
The intranet gives you access to all the resources and information you’ll need during your time here, including:
- SIMS Online
- Learning Central
- news and events
- rules, regulations and your rights as a student here
- all the services and benefits available to you
- University buildings, facilities and teams
- information about Microsoft Office ProPlus which offers students a free subscription to Office products while studying here.
You will be able to access the intranet once you have completed the online enrolment process.
Your first step to becoming a student at Cardiff University is to complete online enrolment.
You must complete online enrolment by:
- agreeing to be a student at Cardiff University and abide by its regulations
- agreeing to the data protection statement
- checking and updating your student record information
- paying tuition fees or providing evidence of sponsorship.
The online enrolment task will be available to you approximately three weeks prior to the start date of your programme. It should take you no longer than 10 minutes to complete.
Please note the enrolment task will only be available to you for a limited time, and therefore you are advised to complete enrolment as soon as possible.
Once you’ve enrolled, you can collect your student card, access all of our facilities, receive your first student loan payment and attend your School induction events.
How to enrol online
Before starting the registration process you will need:
- your Cardiff University username and password
- your contact details
- where relevant, your payment details (bank account, credit/debit card, sponsorship details).
You can access online enrolment through SIMS online.
You will need to click on the ‘SIMS: online login’ link (on the bottom left of the screen) and then enter your Cardiff University username and password.
Then click on the link ‘Begin Enrolment’.
You should check the information held by the University about you, and update this where required. Your information will be saved as you complete each page, this means that you will not be able to go back and make changes once you have completed each page so please read and check the information carefully.