Cardiff University Disability

Cardiff University logo

Cardiff University Disability

Disability and Dyslexia

We work with students with a range of disabilities, including physical or sensory impairments, specific learning difficulties, long-term medical conditions and mental health conditions.

In partnership with your Academic School and other professional services such as Library Services, Residences and Registry, we can work with you to enhance your student life.

We offer confidential advice and guidance to assist you during your studies, including:

  • funding advice for disabled students
  • study skills and support worker services
  • screening and assessment for specific learning difficulties (SpLDs)
  • help with requesting and making reasonable adjustments.

We also have dedicated mental health advisers who are able to offer advice and guidance if you have a long-term mental health condition.

Disability support

This section contains information about how we can support you during your time here, any preparations you’ll need to make and things to do when you arrive.

Below are a few key actions and considerations which you’ll need to bear in mind:

  • Tell us about your disability as soon as possible. Once this is done we can begin to put a support package in place for you.
  • Provide evidence of your disability. You must do this to access all of the support available to you.
  • Check your University email. Please ensure you check this regularly and respond to us so that you can receive the support you need.
  • Attend your appointments. As well as a great opportunity to get to know you, your attendance at appointments will ensure that you get all the support you need.
  • Stay in touch. If we ask you to do something to help us, please take action as soon as possible. Similarly, if adjustments are not meeting your needs or anything changes, please let us know.

Supporting your learning

The ways in which we can support you during your time here.

Tell us about your disability

How and why you should disclose your disability to us, along with the evidence you will need to provide.


Disability support (Cathays)

Dyslexia support (Cathays)