Cardiff University Business Management
We offer a range of programmes for students who want to pursue a career in business and management reflecting the breadth of our research expertise and current developments in the business world.
Our three-year BSc Business Management programmes share a generic first year, during which you will take seven compulsory modules from across the range of business disciplines, providing a broad understanding of business and management contexts and processes.
The BSc Business Management programme provides a broad education across the range of business and management subjects. There is greater scope for students to choose optional modules in this programme and due to the broad nature of the degree, students take at least one module in their final year from each of the fields of HRM, Marketing, Accounting, Operations and General Management.
- the opportunity to study in a School that was ranked 6th in the UK for research quality and joint 1st for research environment in the 2014 Research Excellent Framework (REF);
- the involvement of research-active staff in teaching;
- the emphasis on independent learning in a research-led environment;
- the variety of modules on offer in a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary School;
- progression through core and specialist option modules;
- the opportunity to study abroad with or without a language component.
This is a three-year, full-time course, consisting of 120 credits a year. All Students take a common Year one, which does not count towards the final degree classification. In years two and three, compulsory modules are determined by the choice of route already made but you will also choose optional modules, from approved lists, to a total of 120 credits.
The modules shown are an example of the typical curriculum and will be reviewed prior to the 2017/18 academic year. The final modules will be published by July 2017.