Cardiff University Accounting and Finance
The Accounting and Finance degree programme shares a common first year syllabus with the Accounting degree programme, providing an essential grounding in a range of business related areas including statistics, economics, law, marketing and management.
The second and third years of the programme combine the study of the core areas of financial accounting, business finance and management accounting with a diverse range of specialist finance topics. In your final year you will have the opportunity to select areas of relevance and benefit to your career interests.
Distinctive features of the course include:
- the opportunity to learn in a school which achieved 6th place in the UK at Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014;
- the involvement of research-active staff in course delivery;
- the emphasis on independent learning in a research-led environment;
- the emphasis on acquisition of high quality practical skills and the development of innovative ideas;
- many classes taught by practising accountants currently working for global firms such as PwC, KPMG and Grant Thornton;
- a range of skills-based workshops organised in partnership with the large accounting firms and the professional accounting bodies;
- an opportunity to undertake a professional placement in your third year which can help kick start your professional training and provide you with a competitive edge in the employment market;
- an accredited degree programme which provides exemptions from certain examinations of all the major UK professional bodies.
|Next intake||September 2017|
|Accreditations||Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)|
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
|Typical places available||The school typically has 425 places available|
|Typical applications received||The school typically receives 2850 applications|
For detailed entry requirements see the Cardiff Business School admissions criteria pages.
|Typical A level offer||AAB, from any combination of A-levels, excluding General Studies, Critical Thinking and Citizenship Studies.|
|Typical Welsh Baccalaureate offer||Grade A in the Core and grades AB from two A-levels including the relevant language. OR Grade B in the Core and grades AA from two A-levels including the relevant language.|
|Typical International Baccalaureate offer||35 points, including Mathematics and English (Standard level with scores of 5).|
|Other requirements||Applicants will also require GCSE English grade C and GCSE Mathematics grade B. Applications from those offering alternative qualifications are welcome. Specific admissions and selection criteria for this degree programme can be found online.|