Cardiff University 1st Rugby Team
The Men’s team currently run four teams that compete nationwide in the BUCS Leagues. The Flagship of the Club is the 1st XV who compete in the BUCS Premier South League.
Commitment to the Rugby Club can be tailored to meet an individuals academic or external rugby needs.
Highlights of the Rugby Calendar include the Annual Welsh Varsity Match which this year sees the Varsity fixture being played in the Millennium Stadium, the home of the national team.
To join the Rugby Club, message chairman Chris Williams (email@example.com) expressing your interest. By joining CURFC, a student will receive:
- Facilities- You will have unique access to not only the training venues, but to the various gyms around campus.
- Coaching – The coaching set up is arguably the most advanced in any club here at the University. Head of Rugby Alun Wyn Davies leads a team of experienced coaches, ensuring your rugby development continues. Alun is committed to the club as a whole, ensuring no one is left out.
- Fixtures – By joining CURFC, you will get regular rugby every Wednesday through BUCS fixtures. If you’re already playing for a Saturday team, talk to us! We can manage the workload.
- Stash – CURFC stash is exclusive to members of our club, it is not compulsory but it is highly recommended!!
- Discounts – All members get significant discounts not only on drinks at our social venues, but on other items like gym membership, nutrition, and supplements (MSCNutrition). We are continually working closely with many companies and businesses alike to give our members the best deals possible
- Socials – CURFC members share the belief that to be the best players we can be, we have to enjoy every aspect of the game. One of these aspects is of course the social side. By becoming a CURFC you are not only invited but expected to attend our weekly socials.
The link to our Facebook page on the left is ultimately for Freshers to keep update with information.
Any further information can be found on our social medial platforms or our website. Just follow the links opposite.
Please log in to view the committee.