Cardiff Metropolitan University Gym
Syd Aaron Gymnasium
The Syd Aaron Gymnasium has undergone a full refurbishment during June/July 2015. This specialist gymnastic facility is fully equipped to meet the coach educational needs and gymnastic specific ability levels of student within the School of Sport, Cardiff Met Gymnastics squad and the Junior Gymnastics Academy.
The Gymnasium is equipped with:
- 12m x 12m fully sprung floor area
- Tumble Track (14m), Trampoline, Vaulting Table and Parallel Bars (into foam pit)
- High Bar and Rings (over foam pit)
- Asymmetric bars (over competition landing area)
- Beam (full competition size and floor based)
- Springboards and Trampettes
- Full range of functional skill develop foam modules and landing mat
Llandaff Inclusion Fitness Centre
Situated on the first floor of the Student Centre in Llandaff, this fitness facility houses the latest cardio vascular and weight training equipment.
Equipment at the Inclusion Fitness Centre includes:
- 29 Cardiovascular machines
- 7 Resistance machines
- 1 Smith weight training machine
- 1 fully equipped Hammer Strength Cage with Olympic lifting platform
- A range of free weights (2kg – 30kg dumbells)
- Plus a range of supplementary exercise equipment including med balls, stability balls and plyo boxes.
The facility is accessible to all students, staff and the local community.
Users of the fitness centre also have easy access to hospitality services, the student union shop and the bar.
Qualified staff are available to carry out fitness assessments, personal programmes and to give information on fitness classes and courses which operate in Llandaff.
Cardiff Metropolitan University
General enquiries telephone: +44 (0)29 2041 6070