Our BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance course is professionally accredited by the ACCA, CIMA and ICAEWand students may obtain the maximum number of exemptions from these bodies’ professional examinations. The course will provide you with a comprehensive introduction to all areas of accounting and prepares you for further study at the final stages of professional accounting qualifications. In addition, we have a strategic partnership with Graham Paul Chartered Accountants, which provides for paid student placements with a view to graduate training contracts. Students taking the sandwich option will also undertake a year-long work placement between their second and third years.
Course information on this page relates to September 2017 entry.
Foundation Year (Year 0):
This programme incorporates a foundation year, which is intended for students wishing to enrol onto the three-year honours degree, who fall into one of the following categories:
1. Students who have not achieved the required A-level points (or equivalent) score to enter the first year of the degree programme.
2. Mature students who have been out of the formal education system for some time.
Further information about the foundation year can be found by clicking here.
- Business Applications
- Business in a Global Context
- Digital Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Services: Regulation & Ethics
- Management Accounting
- Personal Development Planning
- Financial Management
- Investment Markets & Principles
- Money, Banking & Risk
- Performance Management
- Research Skills
- Work Experience with Personal Development Planning or
Employability Skills Business Project with Personal Development Planning
- Audit and Assurance
- Corporate and Business Law
- Financial Accounting in Islamic Finance
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Services
- Advanced Financial Management
- Advanced Performance Management
- Investment Management
- Advanced Financial Reporting
- Advanced Taxation
- Audit and Corporate Governance
- Behavioural Finance
- Capital Markets and Derivatives
- European Business Law
- Strategic Management
- The Grand Pursuit