Canterbury Christ Church University Webmail
There are different ways to access your University email, calendar, tasks and contacts when you are off-campus. The options are:
- Accessing email on your mobile phone, tablet or home PC or Mac.
- Using Outlook on the Web wherever you have an Internet connection.
Follow the steps below to configure your device and if you have any questions or problems connecting to your email, please email or call the i-zone on ext 2222 or 01227 922222.
When configuring your device you will be prompted for your username and password. For this purpose only, please enter your username in the format: firstname.lastname@example.org
email@example.com (Where abc1 is your username)
Outlook on the web
Outlook on the Web gives you access to your University contacts, calendars, and tasks from almost any device when you have Internet access.
To access your email
- Enter outlook.canterbury.ac.uk in your browser
- Sign in with your University username and Password to access your own email.
You can also open a Shared mailbox, such as your CCCU team email account
- Follow steps as above
- Click your name in the upper-right corner and select open other mailbox
- Enter the name of the firstname.lastname@example.org
- The mail box will open in a separate window
- When finished, select Sign Out on the top right hand side for all the mailboxes you have connected to.
Three levels of service
There are three levels of service available depending on the browser you are using and the operating system (OS) of your device.
- Best: All features will work.
- Good: Most features will work.
- Light: The browser will display the light version of Outlook Web App.
Different browser combinations and if possible use the browser to support best
Light Outlook on the Web
If your device can only support the light version, Outlook on the Web is still very useful as it provides most of the main functions but with fewer features. For example:
- You can read and send email but it doesn’t have its own spell checker.
- You can schedule appointments or meetings but not view your calendar by week or month.
In addition to this, the light version is HTML-based, which means it can work better with assistive technologies such as screen readers.
As a student, you can redirect your CCCU email to another email account. To do this, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your CCCU email account, and click on the settings cog at the top right hand corner of the page.
- Scroll to “My app settings” and choose “Mail”.
- In the left hand pane, under the “Options” menu, choose “forwarding”. Enter the address that you would like to redirect your email to and then click “Start Forwarding”.