Canterbury Christ Church University PGCE
Do you want to qualify to teach in both the secondary and further education sector? Teaching children in the 14-19 age range offers a fantastic opportunity to work with creative, vibrant and dynamic young people with a focus on teaching the subject or vocational discipline you are passionate about.
The 14-19 Sector is at the cutting edge of the government’s drive to personalise learning and provide young people with options for study that suit their needs and prepare them for lifelong learning.
The PGCE 14-19 trains teachers to teach in both secondary schools and further education colleges. It will train you to:
- Learn to teach your subject across the 14-19 age range and key stages, and understand how it fits within the wider curriculum offer for this age range including the diplomas
- Develop teaching skills in a second subject in this age range and help young people to develop their functional learning skills
- Develop a wide range of strategies for supporting children and young people’s learning and working with others to maximise their potential
- Develop an imaginative approach to teaching that brings out the creative potential of you and your pupils
- Understand the wider importance of education in society and the key role that education 14-19 plays within this.
Our PGCE 14-19 has a great range of specialist subject options and is the only PGCE 14-19 in England to offer both Qualified Teacher Status and initial qualification for Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills. With a year’s induction in the further education sector you will acquire full QTLS. There are four specialist subject pathways available:
- Applied Business Studies
- Health and Social Care
- Leisure and Tourism