Canterbury Christ Church University Gym
This climate controlled gym facility, has the latest technology within the leisure market. The new Smart Start Card Centre from Pulse provides each member with bespoke exercise program, that guides the user through their workout, recording every set, number of reps and weight achieved. At the end of their workout the system will calculate their overall calories burnt.
Gym equipment includes:
- 10 Resistance machines that work every major muscle group on the body.
- 21 Cardiovascular machines: Elliptical Trainers, Treadmills, Rowers, Cross Trainers, Up Right Bikes.
- 6 Plate loaded pieces of equipment, including 2 squat racks, Olympic bars (20Kg) and disc weights, 0.5Kg – 50Kg Smiths Machine etc.
- Dumbbells 1Kg – 50Kg
- Kettlebell’s 6Kg – 28Kg
- Medicine Balls 1Kg – 9Kg
- Bosu Balls 5
- 6 adjustable benches, flat bench and decline bench.
- Fully functional rig with 9 stations to be able to develop your body weight fitness.
- Fitness Coaches who are always happy to help and coach you through your workout.
The Sports Hall, with its sprung floor and viewing gallery, provides facilities perfect for basketball, netball, volleyball, tennis, badminton, five-a-side football and cricket. There is also a climbing wall.
There is plenty of court space for activities of all types in the double sports hall. It is also used as a pre-Olympic training facility for London 2012, specialising in basketball, badminton and fencing.
There is a sound proof partition to separate the two sides of the hall so two sports can be played simultaneously.
|Hire of Sports Hall|
(4 x badminton courts)
(2 x badminton courts)
(1 x badminton court)
|1 hour||1 hour||1 hour|
|£30 per hour||£15 per hour||£7.50 per hour|