Canterbury Christ Church University Campus
Renowned for its vibrant and friendly atmosphere, Canterbury combines an exciting contemporary buzz with years of tradition and history.
In fact, this international destination has been a centre of learning since St Augustine established his first Cathedral and Abbey here around AD600. Now Canterbury, a World Heritage site, is home to three universities, a renowned Cathedral, as well as a host of shops, bars and restaurants.
Wherever you’re from you can look forward to enjoying all it has to offer, with confidence.
Things to do
Canterbury is a diverse and beautiful city – a World Heritage site, a centre for the arts and a great destination for shopping and socialising. Canterbury’s location means that London and Europe are within easy reach, and a visit to the coast is just a short drive away. Every year it plays host to a number of festivals and the bars, clubs and restaurants are popular all year round. Places you can visit in Canterbury include:
- Canterbury Cathedral
- Sidney Cooper Gallery
- Marlowe Theatre
- Whitefriars Shopping Centre
We are continually investing in facilities for our students, including:
- our award winning library, Augustine House
- our Students’ Union at the St George’s Centre
- our various arts and culture venues
There’s various food and drink outlets across our Canterbury Campus, serving a range of options. Check our opening times.
The University offers safe and secure accommodation for first year students within walking distance of the University and city centre. Canterbury’s accommodation includes:
- On campus accommodation – situated on the University campus, close to lecture theatres, food outlets and public transport.
- Student villages – including Lanfranc House, Parham Road Student Village, Pin Hill and City Halls. All these facilities are situated within easy reach of the main Canterbury Campus.
- University and headleased houses – University owned houses offering an affordable place to stay.
- St George’s Centre – situated in Canterbury city centre, our brand new student accommodation puts our students within easy reach of the campus, Augustine House, the high-street and transport links.