Canterbury Christ Church University Bursary Dates
2017/18 academic year
The Broadstairs Bursary Scheme aims to support bright and motivated young people in Thanet and East Kent to realise their ambitions and aspirations. We are keen that students view the bursary as a reward for their hard work and commitment.
Bursary holders will receive an award of £1,500 over the three years of their study (£500 per annum).
Award holders will be asked to share their university experiences at local schools a minimum of six times to support the University’s Widening Participation activity. Full training will be provided by the University’s Outreach Team and the experience will also enhance employability skills.
Bursaries are available to students who:
- Attend school or college in Thanet, Dover or Shepway;
- Are engaged in the UCAS application process, applying to begin their first year of university study on one of the courses taught at the Broadstairs Campus in 2017.
Applicants must make a firm acceptance of an offer made to them by the University before 14 July in the year of entry.
All applicants will be required to participate in University outreach activities to promote higher education to students who might not otherwise access higher education, acting as student ambassadors to support links with schools and colleges in Thanet and East Kent. This role, and the training students will receive, are intended to support engagement in University life and hence assist in retention.
All applicants must:
- make a firm acceptance of an offer made to them by Canterbury Christ Church University before 14 July in the year of entry;
- complete enrolment with Canterbury Christ Church University within four weeks of the start of term.
How to apply
We are looking to support bright and motivated young people in Thanet and East Kent. Successful applicants must demonstrate that they:
- Have an interest in their subject of study at the Broadstairs Campus – Canterbury Christ Church University;
- Have a clear idea about what they hope to achieve at University;
- Can explain why they have chosen the course applied for at the Broadstairs Campus – Canterbury Christ Church University;
- Can describe what they have achieved to date (at school/college or more generally) and – if relevant – any difficulties you have overcome;
- Have an interest in helping others to think about applying to University through contributing to the University’s outreach programme We would like school/college staff to consider the information outlined above and give us additional information about the student’s potential to benefit from University study.
Please complete the online Broadstairs Bursary application form.