Canterbury Christ Church University Admissions

Canterbury Christ Church University logo

Canterbury Christ Church University Admissions

Entry requirements

Canterbury Christ Church University encourages and welcomes applications from all students able to benefit from the programme offered. Applications are considered individually and we take into account academic qualifications in addition to paying great attention to the personal statement and the reference(s) provided.

The UCAS Tariff is a means of allocating points to post-16 qualifications used for entry to higher education. The UCAS Tariff is changing for courses starting from September 2017. Find out more about the new points.


For a small number of programmes there is either a national or a University requirement to achieve grade C passes in specific GCSEs or the equivalent. From summer 2017 GCSE English and Maths exams will be graded 9 (highest) – 1 (lowest) instead of A-G. From summer 2019 all GCSE’s will be graded this way. We will require applicants to achieve a 4 or higher for those programmes withGCSEs as part of the entry requirements. If you do not have GCSEs, the University will only accept Level 2 credits from accredited Access programmes completed in 2014 or earlier as the equivalent to GCSE passes. We do not accept any other Level 2 qualifications,such as Functional Skills, as the equivalent of GCSEs. O-Levels sat in, or after, summer 1975 must be at grade C or above. CSE grade 1 is accepted as equivalent to GCSE at grade C.


The application process varies depending on the type of course you want to study.  


For all courses which state ‘applications are made through UCAS’, you must apply online via the UCAS website. These are usually full-time courses leading to a first degree, including Initial Teacher Training courses.

You also apply through UCAS for pre-registration nursing, diagnostic radiography, midwifery, occupational therapy, operating department practice and social work.

Those applying for teaching training courses must apply through the UCAS Teacher Training website.




Schools and colleges outside of Kent and Medway, please contact Student Recruitment: