Buckinghamshire New University Immigration

buckinghamshire new university logo

Buckinghamshire New University Immigration

Student Immigration

The United Kingdom Visas and Immigration office (UKVI) are responsible for issuing visas to students wishing to study at Bucks New University who are from outside the United Kingdom (UK), other European Economic Area (EEA) countries or Switzerland.

Tier 4 (general) student
Visas are issued on the points based system. If you achieve the required points and satisfy the full requirements of the Immigration Rules you may be issued with a ‘Tier 4 (General) Student Visa’. You are considered to be an ‘Adult Student’ if you are over 16 years old.

At the time of writing you require a total of 40 points to obtain a visa. Having a valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from Bucks gives you 30 points and having enough money to cover course fees and monthly living costs whilst you study in the UK gives you an additional 10 points.

To check if you need a UK visa or to access an visa application form please visit the Home Office UKVI website. There are also many UKVI offices around the world where you can apply.

For information on the following topics or any other queries you have on applying for a visa, please look at the Home Office UKVI website.

  • Whether or not you require a visa
  • How to apply
  • Where to apply
  • To access the application form
  • To obtain information on how to achieve the required points
  • For visa application fee information
  • Evidence required to apply

Please note that information on the Bucks website is correct at the time of publishing, and should be used for guidance only as visa requirements change regularly. For specific details and requirements, please always refer to the UKVI website.