BPP University Tier 4 Visa

BPP University logo

BPP University Tier 4 Visa

Visas and immigration

If you are a non-EU/EEA National you will need a visa that allows you to study in the UK. Most students will apply for a General Student Visa (TIER 4 visa under the Points Based System – PBS) to study in the UK.

Under the PBS, you must be sponsored by an institution such as BPP University, which is registered with the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) as a Tier 4 sponsor.

There are other visa types (for example: Dependent visa, Post Study Work Visa), which will allow you to study in the UK. If you are already in the UK and hold a visa, the international office at BPP University will advise you if your status will allow you to study with us or if you have to apply for a TIER 4 visa.

For information on visas, how to apply, guidance notes and application forms, please visit the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) website

Applying for CAS

Anyone who applies for a TIER 4 visa to study in the UK must include with their visa application a unique Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number, linking them to the institution where they intend to study.

If you are a non-EU/EEA national and will be studying with us full time, BPP University will issue you with a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) in order to enable you to apply for a Tier 4 General Student Visa. You will only be issued with a CAS number once you have accepted an offer of a place and paid a deposit of approximately 60% of the programme fees.

Learn more about the financial documents we accept before issuing a CAS here

You will find more information on the visa-application process in our pre-arrival guide:


For detailed information on how to apply for a CAS, please contact the International Admissions Office


Tier 4 student visas

Please remember that as an international student with a Tier 4 student visa you are subject to UKVI immigration control. This means, if you do not register on time and we have not been informed of a late arrival, we might be required to inform the UKVI, which will result in your leave being curtailed with immediate effect. Please note we are also required to inform the UKVI if you fail to attend, fail to progress on your programme or your enrolment is terminated for any reason.


Student visitor visas

The Short Term Study Visa is a type of special visitor which will enable you to study in the UK but does not permit work during your studies. If you are a visa national you will still have to apply for entry clearance in your home country but if you are not a Visa National (do not normally require a visa to come to the UK as a visitor) you may be able to obtain your Short Term Study Visa at port of entry. For further information on student visitors please visit the UKVI website.

Work rights for international students

As a student from outside the EEA you need to have a stamp in your passport or Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) that will tell you if you are allowed to work in the UK while you study. It is very important to check that the stamp does allow you to work. You can find more information about your work rights on BPP University’s student portal.

Studying full-time in a foreign country is a big commitment and you must devote enough time to your classes, seminars, coursework and examinations to ensure you succeed in your chosen programme.

At BPP University we want you to graduate as a highly-regarded future professional. So, whilst you can work when you study with us (subject to the restrictions set out in your visa), it is not recommended as we do not want your education to suffer.

However we acknowledge that some students might want to work while completing their programme, either to learn new skills or help pay for their living expenses. During term time, full-time international students on a programme at undergraduate or postgraduate degree level can work up to 20 hours per week, or 10 hours per week if you are on a programme below degree level (subject to the restrictions set out in your visa). You can work full-time during vacation periods.

Always check the endorsement on your visa before accepting any type of employment in the UK.