BPP University of Health
An environment designed for your career
BPP University School of Health combines the academic excellence of a university with the real-life focus of a professional environment. Offering hands-on, practice-based programmes, we integrate theoretical and practical studies within a clinical setting.
Based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire, London and Manchester, our centres are easy to reach and provide the resources, technology and support you need to succeed in your studies.
Programmes and teaching
As a student at BPP University, you’ll benefit from our ability to pass on the knowledge and practical skills you need to perform well in the workplace.
Whether you’re looking to begin your career, progress within your field of practice or move into healthcare, we have programmes that will meet your needs.
Our degree programmes are awarded by BPP University.
Find out more about our undergraduate programmes in:
- Integrated Undergraduate Masters in Chiropractic (MChiro)
- Bachelor in Dental and Oral Sciences (Hons) (BDOS)
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (Diploma to Degree)
- Higher Education Certificate in Health and Social Care
- Pathway to Higher Education Certificate in Health
- Pathway to Higher Education Certificate in Psychology
Find out more about our postgraduate programmes in:
- MSc Animal Manipulation
- MSc Animal Manipulation (Osteopathy)
- MSc Chiropractic (Paediatrics)
- MSc Health Psychology
- Graduate Diploma in Animal Therapy
- Masters in Clinical Dentistry
- Facilitating Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Practice – Mentor Module Level 6
- Leading and Managing Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Practice – Mentor Module Level 7
- MSc Dementia Leadership in Practice
- Specialised Practice in Vascular Nursing Care
A unique teaching experience
BPP University School of Health brings together the practical skills and knowledge that you need to maximise your prospects as a healthcare professional.
Our unique teaching provides you with practice-focused qualifications that have an emphasis on patient-centred care. What’s more, they are delivered by practitioner-tutors, as part of an engaging and interactive learning experience.
Practice focused philosophy
Good healthcare education has its roots in applied practice. That’s why much of our teaching takes place in a real-life healthcare setting, such as a chiropractic clinic, hospital or nursing home, as well as in the classroom. Studying in a healthcare environment means you will not only learn new skills, but will also get the opportunity to apply them while demonstrating an awareness of patient-centred care.
BPP University School of Health works closely with a variety of healthcare professions and practitioners, as well as patients and carers, to ensure that our programmes continue to meet the needs of current employers and patients.
We also have strong links with many healthcare regulatory bodies: all our professional qualifications lead to regulatory body registration or are subject to approval.
A wealth of learning
BPP Learning Media provides invaluable educational support in addition to our exceptional institutional facilities. It publishes practical, cutting-edge titles of the highest quality to help you progress swiftly through the healthcare industry and maintain your competitiveness.
Our team is engaged in a wide range of research interests. For more information view our research activities
Continuous progression and CPD
BPP University School of Health supports new entrants as well as those striving to further their careers within the health professions.
As part of this commitment, we have a range of books designed to assist you and prepare you for professional examinations and memberships required to achieve your objectives.
BPP University School of Health offers a range of CPD opportunities for healthcare professionals.
BPP University School of Health has developed a series of Study Days for healthcare professionals that enable individuals to book onto a study day at one of our London Campus locations. These Study Days complement our onsite delivery approach where we deliver courses on a Healthcare organisation’s premises, delivered to larger groups.
See our full schedule for Study Days.
Effective Medico Legal Compliance and Risk Management CPD
BPP University School of Health’s brand new portfolio of Medico Legal Compliance and Risk Management CPD courses have been designed to support organisations and empower front line staff to continue to improve the quality of care provision and enhance the patient experience. Research has shown that healthcare professionals who are engaged deliver a better patient experience, conduct fewer errors and positively influence patient satisfaction. An organisation’s workforce is by far their greatest asset and our range of Medico Legal courses will enable individuals to reach their true potential.
Master Classes include, but are not limited to:
- Accountability – the duty of care
- Nurses, Midwives and the Law
- Improving Patient Care through Effective Record Keeping
- Report & Statement Writing – Achieving Clinical Excellence
- Consent and Understanding the Mental Capacity Act
- Patient Confidentiality, Access to records and Data Protection
- Root Cause Analysis
- Courtroom Witness Skills
- Regulatory Body Witness Skills
- Coroners Court Witness Skills
- Whistleblowing – the Duty of Candour
- Expert Witness Skills
- Post Francis – Medico-Legal Implications of the Francis report
Leadership and Professional Development CPD
Our comprehensive Leadership and Professional Development CPD portfolio has been developed to ensure that medical staff possess the right leadership and personal effectiveness skills to provide maximum benefits to patients and to their organisation. Designed to support and empower staff, our Master Classes will aid the continuous improvement of quality care provision and enhance patient experience through the development of leadership and personal effectiveness skills.
Master Classes include, but are not limited to:
- Introduction to Leadership and Management in Healthcare
- Clinical Leadership for Senior Nurses
- Developing Leadership Skills for Consultant Medical Staff
- Teach the Teacher for Healthcare Professionals
- Unlocking Multidisciplinary Potential through Collective Healthcare Leadership
- Managing Team Performance – Setting and Maintaining Expectations within Healthcare
- Breaking Down Barriers – Enhanced Communication Skills for Healthcare Professionals
- Leadership Challenges: Dealing effectively with Conflict in Healthcare
- Negotiating for Outcomes within Healthcare
- Leading Change Effectively within Healthcare
- Setting the Strategy within Healthcare
- Introduction to Finance for Healthcare Professionals
- Appraiser Skills for Nurses
- Effective Business Planning within Healthcare
- Workforce Planning Skills for Healthcare Professionals