BPP University GDL Scholarship
As part of its commitment to developing your legal career, BPP University Law School is offering up to £55,000 worth of financial hardship and diversity scholarships across this academic year, to applicants with a genuine commitment and the potential to succeed in their future legal career.
The Law School Dean’s Scholarship is available for application to any applicant who has an offer to study either the GDL or LPC, including current BPP University Law School students, who meet the below diversity or financial hardship criteria.
It is awarded at the discretion of the Dean of BPP University Law School.
Am I eligible?
To apply for this scholarship you must:
- have applied for, and been offered a place on the LPC or GDL
- be able to demonstrate academic excellence, through a 2:1 or above in your Undergraduate degree and/or GDL Commendation or above (predicted or obtained)
- be able to demonstrate a clear commitment towards a career within the legal profession
- come from a background currently underrepresented in the legal profession or,
- be able to demonstrate financial need or hardship or,
- be the first in the family to enter the legal profession or higher education
- meet the admission requirements for the LPC or GDL
How much is this scholarship worth?
This scholarship is worth up to £5000. There is an overall scholarship fund of up to £55,000 per academic year.
Scholarship dates and duration
If you intend to start the programme in September, the closing date for applications is 31 July. If you are successful you will be contacted by 31 August.
If you intend to start the programme in January, the closing date for applications is 30 November. If you are successful you will be contacted by 19 December.
How do I apply?
You will need to answer the following question included in the application form, in no more than 500 words: “What challenges do you think the legal profession faces over the next decade? How would your skills and experiences assist the profession in meeting these challenges?”
Please note: when emailing us your application, please detail your full name as the subject line of the email. Please also detail your full name, scholarship(s) you are applying for, course you hold an offer for, location and intended start date in bullets, in the body of the email.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we are unable to provide individual responses or feedback on the outcome of your scholarship application. We will communicate with successful applicants individually via email by the deadlines detailed above. If you have not heard back from us by the deadline, please assume that your scholarship application has been unsuccessful.