Bournemouth University Music
- Subsidised music lessons and tutorials across a wide range of instruments, including piano, guitar, trombone, saxophone, flute, drums and violin
- Join the BU Big Band (free to students)
- Join the BU Orchestra (free to students)
- Join one of our three choirs – the Choir, Chamber Choir or Contemporary Choir (free to students).
To find out about the many musical opportunities at BU, visit our University Music pages.
We have a range of ensembles that rehearse weekly during term time.
- Chamber Choir
- Choir (large scale choral society)
- Contemporary Choir
- Big Band
- String Quartet
- A range of smaller student led ensembles and bands
Concerts & event programme
Welcome to University Music’s Concert Series.
Our season runs from September to June and features a wide range of concerts and recitals. Our professional recital series brings musicians of international repute, such as Benjamin Grosvenor and Chloe Hanslip, to our state of the art hall, whilst our own orchestras, choirs and bands perform regularly both on and off campus. Download our full list of events.
Practice rooms at Talbot House are open for use seven days a week, all year round, 8.00am-9.00pm. For door codes please contact the Music Admin team.
Music admin office
The admin office is open during semester time only.
Monday – 12.00pm – 3.00pm
Tuesday – 3.00pm – 7.00pm
Wednesday – 4.00pm – 8.30pm
Thursday – 6.00pm – 9.00pm
Friday – Closed
19 September – 16 December 2016
9 January – 7 April 2017
2 May – 23 June 2017
Music Centre location and venues
University Music is based in the Music Centre, Talbot House which is part of Bournemouth University’s Talbot campus.
Other regular venues that University Music perform at throughout the concert season include:
- Kimmeridge Hall, Talbot Campus, Bournemouth University
- St. Peter’s Church, Bournemouth town centre
- St. Ambrose Church, Westbourne
- Poole Guildhall, Market St, BH15 1NF
- Winchester Cathedral
- Christchurch Priory
- The Royal Bath Hotel Ballroom, Bournemouth town centre