Bournemouth University Graduation 2017
Your graduation ceremony is a great time to celebrate your achievements with your family and friends. This year, the graduation ceremonies will be held at the Bournemouth International Centre (BIC) from 7-10 November 2017.
A look back at the 2016 ceremonies
From 8-11 November 2016, around 3,000 BU students from 110 countries crossed the stage at their graduation ceremonies held at the Bournemouth International Centre (BIC).
The ceremonies were watched online by over 4000 people from 63 different countries across the world, including China, India, Malaysia, Oman and Thailand. Our unique graduation SnapChat filter was viewed over 40,000 times and used by 434 people throughout graduation week, and #BUgraduation was used 1,106 times in Instagram.
A number of honorary awards were also given to individuals who have excelled in their field and enriched their communities, including:
- Chris Arnold, award-winning advertising and marketing leader – Faculty of Media & Communication
- Jennifer Coombs, former High Sheriff of Dorset – Faculty of Media & Communication
- Sir Tim Smit KBE, creator of the Eden Project – Faculty of Management
- Charles Hunter-Pease OBE, a prominent volunteer and board member of RNLI – Faculty of Management
- David Hines, former BU board member – Faculty of Science & Technology
- Sheen Byrom, prominent Midwife – Faculty of Health & Social Science.
For more pictures of 2016’s Graduation ceremonies, visit our dedicated Pinterest board or watch round-up videos from each day of the 2016 Graduation Ceremonies: