Bournemouth University Graduate School
From a postgraduate research perspective, that may involve travelling in the UK or around the world to collaborate on research projects, being part of an exchange or work placement programme, or travelling to academic conferences to deliver lectures or network with your peers.
We have a vibrant international community at BU and encourage all of our students to learn from each other’s cultures, experiences and backgrounds. We regularly host social and sporting events for you to get involved with, giving you a chance to meet postgraduate researchers with various specialisms.
Part of BU’s wider vision is the concept of fusion – collaborating across disciplines to deliver real-world benefits. We encourage you, as part of the postgraduate community, to expand your research horizons by taking advantage of this culture of research and knowledge exchange.
We also want you to leave us with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed in any workplace or research environment around the world.
The Graduate School team
Our team is available to guide you through the application process for postgraduate research degrees and to support you once you arrive at BU – contact us if you have any questions.
- Professor Tiantian Zhang – Head of the Graduate School
- Dr Fiona Knight/Dr Julia Taylor – Academic Manager
- Clare Cutler – Postgraduate Research, Research Skills Development Officer
- Jay Nugent – Postgraduate Taught (Master’s), Professional & Personal Development Officer
- Suzy Kempinski – Postgraduate Research Administor (Admissions)
- Debbie Smythe – Resources Administrator
Faculty Postgraduate Research Administrators
- Naomi Bailey – Faculty of Science & Technology
- Louise Bryant – Faculty of Health & Social Sciences
- Denise George – Faculty of Management
- Jan Lewis – Faculty of Media & Communication
- Louise Pearson – Faculty of Science & Technology