Bishop Grosseteste University Postgraduate
This MA is a professional Masters of Arts degree in Education
The course brings together those who have a common passion for education. If you have a keen interest in your own learning and the learning of others, a curiosity about the teaching process itself and a determination to understand and improve your own working context, then this course will excite and challenge in equal measure.
All of our MA students are work-based in a variety of settings (some international) with most working as teachers or supporting learning in other ways. The work-based aspect of this course provides a unique chance for you to understand and improve education in your own work setting with every piece of work centred around your own area of interest.
If you are a member of our Alumni Association BG Generations, you may be eligible for a discount on our Masters courses. For full details click here.
What you will study
There is a range of five modules available, allowing you to follow your personal interest and specialism when you work towards the learning outcomes.
These are divided into five areas:
- Examining Innovations in Subject Specialism [or area of expertise].
- Undertaking Educational Ethnography/ Action research
- Investigating the Intersections between Public Policy and Aspects of Professional Practice.
- Developing Research Education and Skills
- The MA is completed with a dissertation of 15,000 words underpinned by research in an educational setting.