Bishop Grosseteste University International
International Students – the Facts
A global education
- Choose the UK as your study abroad destination to experience the different cultures of the United Kingdom, and you’ll also meet students from all over the world – more than 430,00 students every year come from overseas to study in the UK!
Facts and figures
In this section you can find out:
- Most popular subjects and universities for international students
- Percentage of overseas students by university
- Which countries international students come from
- What subjects international students study
- Which universities international students study at
But before you look further it is important to know that the data we have used are based solely on the numbers of international students attending a particular university and say nothing about the quality of that university.
- Make sure you cross reference to the main League Table and the Subject Tables which are concerned with quality.
Useful websites for international students
- If you’re thinking of studying in the UK for your undergraduate or postgraduate degree, you’ll have lots of questions.
- Ask us question, and our experts will be happy to answer them for you and offer any further advice they can.
- We also recommend the British Council website, where you can find details of their support services for international students.
- The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) is another useful source of advice and information on issues like immigration, permission to work and tuition fee status.
- The data displayed in these tables are based on overseas students enrolling in all years of first degree courses at UK universities in 2014–15 and are the latest figures available. They exclude those students whose complete study programmes were outside the UK but include the majority of students taking part in EU exchange programmes such as ERASMUS, TEMPUS and LINGUA at UK universities.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- The university provides a range of services and activities to ensure students feel welcomed and supported at BGU.
- This includes a Buddy scheme, the SU’s welcome activities, and the Student Advice team and Chaplaincy who support students throughout their time at the university.
English Language Requirements
- International students are encouraged to contact BGU for information on English language and entry requirements.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- Accommodation on campus is guaranteed for international students.
- The university strongly recommends students live on campus, particularly during their first year, to help students adjust to life in the UK and make friends.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|