Birmingham City University Scholarships For International Students

Birmingham City University logo

Birmingham City University Scholarships For International Students

Fees, costs and scholarships

  • Scholarships
  • Planning your finance

Your annual tuition fees cover everyday tuition, examination costs and membership of the Students’ Union. They don’t cover the cost of textbooks and other course materials.

You pay 50 per cent of your fees at enrolment, and can pay the rest in two or six instalments if you have a UK bank account. Fees must be paid in Pounds Sterling.

If we offer you a course place as an overseas (non-UK or EU) student you’ll have to pay the ‘overseas’ tuition fee. Fees differ for overseas students as we do not receive external funding from the UK Government. However, if you can show a relevant connection to the UK or the EU, you may be classed as a ‘home’ student and therefore be exempt from international fees.

Every year we provide a number of scholarships and bursaries recognising the talents of our international students, which can help cover part of your tuition fees.

Contact us to find out the latest offers

0121 331 5389
The following courses are excluded+ from the Post Graduate Loyalty Scheme
  • ACCA Course (Full Time)
  • PGCE and PCET
  • Masters in Teaching and Learning/Educational Leadership (MTL/MEL)
  • Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses in Health

The scholarship only applies if you are taking a named award. If you are taking one or more modules for CPD purposes that do not lead to a named award you will not be eligible.

Faculty allocation

Our four faculties all offer an amount of undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships for international students, depending on your home country. Please contact the International Office to find out more.

Scholarships are offered through many of our University partnerships.

Superior Student Mobility Programme – Mexico

Students registered in higher education institutions associated with Asociación Nacional de Universidades e Instituciones de Educación (ANUIES) can now apply to come do a short academic exchange.