birmingham city university postcode
If you’re a health professional who wants to improve your clinical skills by learning the theory and application of hypnosis and hypnotherapy, this course is for you. You will also learn how to develop communication and personal stress management skills working in a busy clinical setting.
You will gain theoretical and practical knowledge of hypnosis and related techniques, will improve and enhance your consultation skills and widen your approaches to common mental health problems. Graduates will use your newly acquired skills in both NHS and private health care settings.
What’s covered in the course?
You will learn through lead lectures, group discussion, practical demonstrations and guided student-to- student practice.
On successful completion of the course you will have the opportunity to go on to acquire accreditation with the British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis (BSCAH).
You will be taught by experienced practising clinicians and academics from medicine, dentistry, psychology and nursing who are accredited by BSCAH.
The course will include four two-day attendance over a 10 month period at City South Campus where full access to library, student support and simulation facilities will be available.
“I’ve enjoyed the weekends and it’s fired my enthusiasm. The prospect of doing the academic bit was a bit scary but… the teaching/admin team/academic team/tutorial support are superb, a brilliant skill/experience mix’ Previous student
Why Choose Us?
- BSCAH is a non-profit making registered charity.
- The team delivering the course are members of the Midlands branch of BSCAH, practising clinicians, and form part of a development programme that has been running for 20 years.
- You will be learning with clinicians who are medically qualified and understand your day to day pressures of clinical work.
- You will have plenty of time to complete your written assignments to help you balance alongside your work commitments.
- The qualification you receive can be included on your professional plate/correspondence.
- You will have full NUS membership.
- You will learn how to reduce your own professional/personal stress levels.