Birmingham City University Islamic Society
The Birmingham City University Islamic Society (BCU ISOC) is a platform for students to gather, organise, and participate in religious, social, cultural, and educational events throughout the year. In addition, the society provides a united voice in expressing the views and aspirations of Muslim students.
Aims of BCU ISOC:
- The primary aim of BCU ISOC is to earn the pleasure of Allah Subhanahu Wa-Ta`ala (God) and the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)
- To fulfil the religious, academic, and social needs of students
- To enlighten all students both Muslims and non-Muslims about Islam
- To eliminate misconceptions about Islam and Muslims
- To promote unity, love and understanding between Muslims and non-Muslims.
- To address not only religious issues but social and political issues as well
How the BCU ISOC Works:
BCU ISOC works very closely with the Students Union and its members. We aim to adhere to the rules and regulations of the Students Union as well as trying to cater the needs of its members. BCU ISOC has been established for several years within the university and through hard work and determination were granted two prayers rooms in 2006. Over the years, the society has steadily developed and maintained a good relationship with the wider environment of the university.