Birmingham City University Biology
This biomedical science course will develop you into an employable graduate, with the skills needed to tackle a range of situations and challenges. To achieve this, you will be able to choose form either a work or research placement during your second year, where you can apply theoretical knowledge into practice and gain valuable employability skills.
The course offers a unique insight into human life processes, starting at molecular and cell level and progressing to systems physiology, before ending with disease and health within the population. There is provision within this programme for a sandwich year work placement.
The course will be delivered in a new state-of-the-art building for the School of Health Sciences, which will house first-rate laboratories and teaching facilities.
Why Choose Us?
- We’re the region’s largest provider of qualified health and social care professionals to the NHS.
- You’ll benefit from our partnerships across health and social care providers both within the UK and internationally.
- You’ll learn in state-of-the-art environments, with access to our cutting-edge virtual technologies and one of the UK’s largest specialist health education libraries.
- The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) has cited the support provided for students on our courses as demonstrating good levels of practice.
- You’ll be based at our City South Campus, which is set for major expansion, including newly built laboratories and equipment that will give you a leading edge when seeking employment.
We accept a range of qualifications, the most popular of which are detailed below.
At the point of application, you must have GCSE at Grade 4 or above (formerly Grade C) in English Language and Mathematics.
112 UCAS tariff points from A/AS Level with a minimum of 2 A Levels, not including general studies. A grade B is required in a subject from the following: Health & Social Care, Human Biology, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Applied Science, Psychology, Environmental Science. A typical offer is BBC.
We also accept BTEC Extended Diploma (18 units not including Early Years) – DMM
|EU/non-EU (international) qualifications||Requirements 2017/18|
|IELTS||6.0 overall with 5.5 minimum in all bands|