Birkbeck University of London Online Application
Applying to Birkbeck
If you want to apply for one of our part-time undergraduate courses, or our postgraduate courses, you apply directly to Birkbeck. Applications open from mid-October for entry to all programmes starting the following October. There is no charge for applying to Birkbeck.
If you are applying for an MPhil/PhD degree, the application process is different. Find out how to make an MPhil/PhD application.
How to apply
All applications to our courses are made online. You will receive an email to confirm that we have received your application.
- Find your course on the Birkbeck website and click ‘Apply now’.
- This will take you to the My Birkbeck site. You will be required to . (If you have already started your application, .)
The application form
You need to follow our onscreen instructions to complete the application form and upload supporting documents. You can save your part-completed application and return to it later. Please make sure you click the submit button to complete your application. Once you have submitted your application, you will not be able to make any changes.
- Visit us at an Open Evening for application advice or come along to a Get Started workshop.
- Use the personal statement tool to help write and receive feedback on your personal statement draft.
Declaring a disability
- It is of course your choice what you include in the personal statement. For example, many mature students who struggled at school have since been diagnosed as dyslexic, and they would be able to outline this in their personal statement should they wish to do so.
- , we can discuss it with you to make sure that we provide the support required. We encourage you to contact our disability team during the application process, rather than waiting until the start of term.
- Most courses specify a closing date, which you can find on the online course page.
- If no closing date is specified on the online course page, but a date for interviews is provided, we advise you to submit your application at least 2 weeks before the first round of interviews. This will allow time for the admissions tutor to assess your application and send you details of any entrance test(s).
- We recommend that you apply as early as possible. We try to give equal consideration to all applications received before the end of May (for autumn start courses).