Birkbeck University of London International Students
Birkbeck is home to a growing community of students from across the globe. We welcome applications from eligible international students. Students from over 120 countries study with us, benefitting from teaching that is directly informed by our outstanding research. Our teaching quality is consistently ranked number one in the UK National Student Surveys.
What can I study?
- If you are entering the UK on a student visa , you will be eligible to apply for our full-time Master’s and PhD programmes, and the full-time BA History .
- Some international students are eligible to study part-time. If you are eligible, you will be able to apply for all of our courses . Find out if you are eligible on our international students’ website .
Funding your studies
- Research students: we support suitable international PhD applicants in applying for the Overseas Research Scheme (ORS) and other relevant scholarship schemes. Read more about research funding.
- read about funding and scholarships for Master’s study.
- PhD students registered at certain universities outside the UK can spend six months of their degree at Birkbeck. Find out more >>
- International students at Birkbeck are prioritised for University of London accommodation. Read more about Birkbeck’s accommodation options for international students.
- Our full-time Master’s, MPhil and PhD students are eligible for accommodation in one of the various intercollegiate halls of residence situated throughout the London area. Some of these offer accommodation for married couples and families.
London Semester Programme
- The Birkbeck London Semester Programme offers an opportunity for international students to study at Birkbeck for one semester during their degree.
- The Programme offers an exciting range of modules across the humanities and social sciences.
- The college is in the heart of the Bloomsbury district of London which is a great base for exploring the city. Find out more about the London Semester Programme.
We welcome your interest and would encourage you to look at the following pages: