Birkbeck University of London Housing

Birkbeck University of London Housing

Student accommodation

While the majority of our students decide to live in private accommodation, we also offer student accommodation. Birkbeck students can access places in University of London intercollegiate halls and apply for places in the halls run by specialist provider UNITE. Free professional advice is available from the University of London Housing Services.

Contact us

If you have any queries about accommodation, please .


Accommodation for new full-time students

There are various accommodation options available to students starting a course at Birkbeck in October 2017, including University of London intercollegiate halls as well as help with finding private accommodation. Below is a list of options available to you:

Intercollegiate Halls

  • The University of London halls of residence – known as Intercollegiate Halls – are shared between the University’s Colleges and Institutes. This is a great opportunity to live with and meet students from other institutions.
  • You will find information on each hall on the University of London website. This including location, amenities, hall handbooks, cafeterias opening times, etc. However you can only apply for rooms reserved to Birkbeck students in the intercollegiate halls via Birkbeck accommodation.
  • Map of intercollegiate halls.
  • Application for academic year 2017/18 will open at the end of April 2017.
  • If you are looking for accommodation after the application deadline or for the current academic year you can sign up to the waiting list of the University of London Intercollegiate halls.  Places likely to become available are those of students giving up their rooms before the beginning of term, so availability will be limited.
  • Stays in the intercollegiate halls are normally limited to one year.


Accommodation for part-time students

Most halls of residence cater to full-time students only. Accommodation options usually most popular with part-time students are renting on the private sector, flat-share or homestay (staying with a family).

Halls of residence