Birkbeck University of London Enrollment
Enrolling on a course
Before you can start your course each year, you need to enrol. By enrolling, you officially become a student of Birkbeck. This means you can:
- attend your lectures and seminars
- login to Moodle (our virtual learning environment where reading lists and course-related information is posted)
- use the Birkbeck Library
- order your student card
- opt to become a member of the Birkbeck College Students’ Union
- gain full access to all College support services, such as the Careers and Employability Service.
When to enrol
- Enrolment opens before the start of term. For example, enrolment usually opens in June for students who are starting in October. The opportunity to enrol is time-limited, so please enrol as soon as you can.
- Note: if you are paying your tuition fees with a student loan, you can enrol before your loan is fully approved.
- If you are intending to study a short course or a certificate of higher education that doesn’t have an application process, you can enrol directly at any time.
How to enrol as a new student
- We will send you an email inviting you to enrol online if:
- you have been formally accepted on a programme of study
- you have accepted your offer of admission
- there are no outstanding offer conditions.
- The email will contain your username and password; you will need to enrol by logging into . This is your student account, which you can access with your username and password.
- Once you have enrolled, you will also need to ; you will only need to do this once, at the start of your course (you won’t have to do this for the following years).