Birkbeck University of London Diploma
Award certificates are issued upon completion of your course of study. They will not be given to you at your graduation ceremony but will be sent to you directly. Please ensure that your contact details are up to date in My Birkbeck. Certificates will be dispatched to your home address.
- Birkbeck awards University of London degrees, certificates and diplomas:
- The University of London Diploma Production Office will produce and send out certificates to all Birkbeck graduates and award-holders. This normally takes place six months after the date of the award.
- If you live in the UK, the Diploma Production Office will send your certificate by recorded delivery to your home address. If you do not live in the UK, the Diploma Production Office will send your certificate by international recorded delivery to your home address. Please ensure your home address is up to date in My Birkbeck.
- If you do not receive your certificate when you expect to receive it, or if it is lost or damaged and you require a replacement, please contact the University of London Diploma Production Office.
- Birkbeck College Certificate of Continuing Education (Cert CE) certificates are produced and despatched by the Examinations and Assessment Office. They will be sent to your home address within six months of the date of the award.
Getting certified copies
- We do not hold copies of certificates. If you require a certified copy, you are strongly advised to bring the original to the , where a member of staff will assist you.
- Some certificates will need to be passed on to Registry Services for authentication, in which case there may be a charge to cover the postal costs to return the documents to you.
- The College cannot be held liable for certificates lost or damaged in the post. Photocopies will be certified with a signature and embossed with the Registry stamp.
- Please note that we cannot accept emailed/faxed copies of your certificate, only the original copy which must be presented in its original form (i.e. removed from any mounts/frames).
- If you wish to post the certificate, please send it by recorded mail along with a covering letter explaining your request and providing us with a return address and telephone number to:
- The Examinations and Assessment Office, Registry Services, Birkbeck, University of London, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HX, United Kingdom.
- We will then call you back to confirm the costs for return postage and to take a credit/debit card payment.