Bath Spa University Harvard Referencing
Researching and referencing are key to your studies.
Undertaking research? Get help with finding the resources you need:
- Search Strategies
- Interlibrary loans
- Special Collections
The way you’ll need to reference depends on the course you’re studying. See your Course Handbook, or speak to your tutor, for information about which referencing standards to use.
- Cite them right online
All the guidance you need to reference resources in your academic work.
An online research management, writing and collaboration tool. For help with using RefWorks, see their comprehensive guides, or contact the Writing and Learning Centre.
Filming and photography in the libraries
We’re often contacted by students who wish to film, take photographs or hold a performances in the Libraries.
We’ll always try to accommodate you if it’s possible. However, our purpose is to provide an environment conducive to study and it is our duty to ensure the safety of all Library users. It’s therefore important that:
- The photographs/film does not include pictures of other Library users without their written permission;
- The photography/filming/performance does not disturb other Library users;
- Access to books and other Library equipment is not unduly restricted;
- There is no large-scale moving of furniture or stock;
- The photography/filming/performance is done in a safe manner and an appropriate risk assessment for the activity is submitted in advance to the Library;
- The photography/filming/performance is done during Library opening hours only.
What do we need?
We require two completed forms: a permissions form and a risk assessment. You’ll need to email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll need to know:
- Dates of filming/photography;
- The nature of the activities planned;
- Any risks involved;
- How you plan on mitigating these risks;
- The names of those undertaking the activities.
A member of Library staff will make a decision on whether to give permission and let you know by email.
You cannot proceed without permission.