Bath Spa University Bursary
Bath Spa University bursaries are on offer to Home and EU undergraduate students studying with us. Our bursary is a non-repayable grant given to help you with education costs. This scheme is part of Bath Spa University’s access agreement with the overnment, and is aimed at widening access to degree courses by removing financial barriers to education for students from under-represented groups.
Value: Based on year of entry
Number of awards available: Based on year of entry
Bath Spa University is providing 350 awards worth £3,500 each, split over 3 years, to eligible first year students new to Higher Education in 2017/18.
The bursary is a cash award of £3,500; £1,000 in Year 1, £1,000 in Year 2 and £1,500 in Year 3, providing students meet the eligibility criteria each year.
Eligibilty is based on:
- Household income assessed by Student Finance as below £25,000
- Been assessed by Student Finance as living in England and the EU
- You are a student from England
You will NOT be eligible for the award if:
- You are a student from Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales
- You have any formal sponsorship agreement with anyone other than Student Finance
- You are transferring course, transferring institution or restarting a course
Part-time students must be studying 25% intensity or more i.e. taking at least two standard weighted modules. Students studying part-time will receive an award value that is calculated in proportion to the full-time award value.
The university will give priority when allocating to students from the following groups:
- Students who are in receipt of Special Support Grant
- Care leavers
- Foyer students
- Students coming from a home postcode area with low participation in higher education
How to apply
To be considered for a Bath Spa University bursary, you must:
- Complete an ‘Application for Student Finance’ for the academic year, making sure you apply for the full package of means-tested support available and supply all evidence requested. You can find full details from DirectGov.
- Give consent for your household income details to be shared with Bath Spa University when you make your application for student finance (your household income figure will then be automatically sent to the University and used to assess you for the bursary).
- Register with the Bath Spa University for the academic year