Bath Spa University Accommodation Prices
To help you make a decision on your accommodation, we’ve pulled together all of our rent prices.
News about our accommodation prices
In 2016-17, the University committed to reviewing rents and working towards providing a wider range of choice for students. We were able to:
- Freeze or reduce rents for university-owned accommodation
- Negotiate a rent freeze with our external provider UNITE Students
- Subsidise rents at Twerton Mill to reduce contract lengths by three weeks
For 2017-18 applicants, the University has continued its efforts to review rents and seek opportunities for saving students money. This year we are pleased to announce:
- The subsidy to reduce Twerton Mill townhouse rooms from 51 weeks to 48 weeks will remain, saving students £463.50 off the total annual rent.
- All UNITE Students accommodation will now be offered on a 44-week contract. Previously these were 45 – 51 week contracts. This represents a saving of around £600 per year.
- We have increased the number of 36-week contract options, and these are now options at Newton Park and Green Park House. Savings will vary depending on location.
- Our cheapest rooms (twin bedrooms) have been reduced again to £79 per week.
- We have continued to increase the number of rooms available on shorter contracts, which will represent an overall saving on the annual cost of rent for some rooms.
Where the annual cost of rent has increased, the University has applied a below inflationary rise. Any additional income is used to continue to provide an outstanding living experience and invest accommodation facilities or activities.
Your accommodation preferences
We use your register of accommodation preferences to make every effort to offer you your first choice of accommodation. This is not always possible due to high demand for particular rooms. You may be offered one of your other choices or, in some cases, accommodation for which you did not stated a preference. For example, if not enough applications are received for a particular contract length (e.g. 39 or 44 weeks), you may be allocated your preferred room type, but on a different contract length to the one you selected in your application.