Bangor University Travel Insurance
The Insurance Officer can be contacted on extn. 2199 and he can advise on all aspects of insurance cover. Insurance is a complicated subject and your enquiry may need to be referred to our brokers, who in turn may need to consult with the insurers themselves, so please ask in plenty of time. Always refer to the Insurance Officer anything you are asked to sign which appears to transfer risk to the university or has the university indemnifying someone else. Since these innocent-sounding documents could cost the university millions of pounds, they have to be signed by a senior member of staff in the Finance Office. Never be tempted to do so yourself.
- Stationery Cupboard
- Online Vehicle Hire Insurance Form
- Online Staff/Student Travel Insurance Form
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office Travel Advice
- Health & Safety Policy – Travel Overseas
- Insurance at Bangor University (UWB Staff Only)
Insurance and Safety
Travelling is exciting. There is no doubt about it. But it is important to remember that while it can be fun and adventurous, travelling to new places also carries risks.
Safety while travelling
Bangor is one of the safest places to live in the UK. Remember that not everywhere is as safe as Bangor! You should be extra careful in bigger cities, and especially in tourist-areas and/or crowded places including, for example, the London Underground. The most important thing to remember is to use your common sense!
Here are some tips to help you stay safe:
- If you are travelling with friends, then keep an eye on each other.
- If you are travelling alone you should tell someone where you are going and when you will be back.
- Keep a copy of your passport, visas, insurance etc – email them to yourself!
- Split your money and cards; keep them in different places.
- Keep a list of emergency contacts incase your mobile is lost or broken.
- Try to travel with few possessions.
- Carry medicine in original containers with copies of prescriptions.
- Put contact details inside your luggage.
The Safe Travel website has some useful information and links about staying safe whilst travelling.