Bangor University Student Services
Student Services, based in the Rathbone building on College Road, provides support to students on a range of matters concerned with life as a student. From managing your finances to finding a graduate job, our services are there to help you make the most of your time at university.
Aims and Objectives
Please click here to view our aims and objectives:
Careers and Employability Service
We welcome your feedback to enable us to provide the best possible service now and in the future.
Please contact one of the following with your comments:
|Maria Lorenzini||Director of Student Experience|
|Steph Barbaresi||Head of Student Support|
|Julian Brasington||Study Skills Manager|
|Carolyn Donaldson-Hughes||Head of Disability Services|
|Chris Little||Head of Careers and Employability Service|
|Kate Tindle||Head of Counselling|
Welcome to the Student Counselling Website
- The Student Counselling Service offers a variety of resources to support students during their time at University. We would encourage students who are seeking support to look at our Self-Help resources in the first instance – these include ‘Self-Help links, podcasts and APPS’ and ‘Information Handouts’ on a variety of topics.
- The Service offers groups and workshops for students throughout the academic year including iCan Building Resilience workshops and Mindfulness Taster sessions on Wednesday afternoons.
- The Service offers the opportunity to talk through personal and troubling issues in a safe, confidential environment with a professional, trained counsellor.
- Details of how to access all of our services including Support Sessions and Registration is provided within the MENU on this homepage.
- The Service can offer training and support to relevant staff to develop their understanding of mental health issues and their responses to students with difficulties.
The current waiting time for an Assessment Appointment is 5-7 working days.
The University Student Counselling Service is a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and as such adheres to their policies on confidentiality and data protection.