Bangor University Radiography
The BSc (Hons) programme in Diagnostic Radiography will allow you to gain an honours degree and eligibility for application for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council.
Radiography is one of the professions allied to medicine. Diagnostic radiography is an invaluable aid in the diagnosis of disease. Diagnostic radiographers are responsible for the production of images involving the use of Xrays and other methods including ultrasound, computed tomography (CT), radionuclide imaging (RNI) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
Radiographers comment on image appearances for referrers after an examination is completed; they can also issue full reports after specialist postgraduate training.
At postgraduate level they may develop their roles to include reporting on images, educating student radiographers, postgraduate training of radiographers or carrying out fluoroscopic, angiographic and endoscopic procedures.
Radiographers work in many areas in a hospital, in addition to the imaging department, including A&E, operating theatres and on hospital wards.
This course can accept self-funded overseas applicants with an IELTS of at least 7.0 however, places are very limited.
Why choose Bangor University for this course?
- No.1 in the UK for Radiography in the National Student Survey 2016 with 100% overall Student Satisfaction and 100% agreeing that the course was ‘Intellectually Stimulating.
- Bangor University is listed as the best place to study Radiography according to the Times & Sunday Times University Guide 2016.
- Ranked 1st in the UK for Radiography in the Complete University Guide 2017.
- Our staff have a wide range of clinical experience at the forefront of their professional fields, and work in partnership with health providers across Wales (north and west) and England (north west and north midlands) to ensure our students’ learning is of the highest quality.
- We are leading research programmes which are transforming the quality and delivery of healthcare in Wales and internationally.
- Graduates from our Diagnostic Radiography course eligible for application for state registration with the Health and Care Professions Council.
- Our graduates to date have an excellent record of gaining employment with many gaining offers of employment well before they finish their course. 100% graduate employment rate in 2015 for this course.